The University of Ghana Medical Centre LTD functions as a quaternary centre offering services which covers the following scope: health delivery, training and research. As such, Internet privacy is a sensitive issue. Users must understand how information given us is dealt with. This policy applies to information accumulated from the websites that the IT Department manages and operates namely: www.ugmedicalcentre.org, www.ugmedicalcenter.org, www.ugmedicalcenter.com, www.ugmedicalcentre.com, of which all the italicised links are redirected to the underlined link.
Usually, there is a cumulation of personal and non-personal user information. In compliance with the Data Protection Act 2012, (Act 843), it is our responsibility to protect all information collected from misuse so that we make use of both non-personal and personally identifiable information that is provided to us or collected in the normal course of business to communicate with customers about the services rendered to effectively deliver such offers. Users will have access to some or all of their personal information for this course. The information provided by users will never be shared with anyone unless specifically requested by law.
Reason for Policy
This policy is an essential document that allows users to understand how personal information might be collected by the UGMC website. The aim is meant to inform users of data collection practices to protect the privacy of all users.
Who is Governed by This Policy
This policy document applies to users accessing the UGMC website who by natural course give out either personal information as well as non-personal information.
Who Should Know This Policy
Any user who will give out non-personal and personally identifiable information through the use of the UGMC website.
Exclusions & Special Situations
The Internet is an amazing tool. It has the power to change the way we live, and we are starting to see that potential today. With only a few mouse-clicks, you can follow the news, look up facts, buy goods and services and communicate with others from around the world. It’s important for UGMC to help clients retain their privacy when they take advantage of all the Internet has to offer.
- To save the individual time and make our web services even easier to use, personally identifiable information will be collected but not limited to: name, e-mail addresses, mailing addresses, telephone numbers etc.
- UGMC will protect the privacy of people and personal data by controlling the processing of personal data, in furtherance, providing a mechanism for the collection, storage, use or disclosure of those personal data.
- The centre will take into account users’ privacy by applying the following principles transparency, legality of processing, consistency of further processing with collection purposes.
- The data which will be processed by the website will not encroach on the rights of its users lawfully.
- • Informing users about data collection discloses UGMC practices to stay compliant to the Data Protection Act 2012, (Act 843)
- This policy, in essence, is also a means by which to educate users about the principles they must adhere to in handling data.
- Users will be asked when UGMC needs information that personally identifies an individual or allows the Centre to contact them. Generally, this information is requested during the creation of a Registration ID on the site, or to join a limited-access premium site, essentially to create relevant content to a targeted user.
If an individual, choose not to register or provide their personal information, they can still use most of www.ugmedicalcentre.org but they may not be able to access areas that require registration. If they decide to register, they will be able to select the kinds of information they want to receive from the Centre by subscribing to the various services. If they do not intend to communicate with UGMC about the various services by email, postal mail or telephone, they may select the option stating lack of interest in receiving marketing messages from UGMC.
If for some reason an individual does not adhere to these principles, please notify UGMC by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to determine and correct the problem promptly.