You are welcome to the Electronic Medical Library (E-Library) of the University of Ghana Medical Centre (UGMC) located on the ground floor of the Medical Training and Simulation Centre (MTSC). The E-Library is a unit of the UGMC-MTSC and aims to guide its patrons in searching for, retrieving, evaluating and using valuable information. It also seeks to promote research, teaching, and learning by providing patrons with relevant and exceptional resources and services.
Our services include:
- Article request
- Literature search
- Reference services
- Ask the librarian live chat
- Off-campus access
- Training on Information Literacy Skills
The E-Library is open to all staff and students, as well as patients of UGMC to enable them to have easy access to reliable information resources at all times. We are equally enthused in promoting Health Information to patients who wish to know more about their diagnosis by providing them with relevant and reliable resources.
Staff and students can access the databases both at the hospital and outside with their credentials (using their UG or UGMC username and password). Outside the hospital, you can have access to "off-campus" version of the library so that you can still use the databases. Patients who have been given access to the internet will also be able to access the webpage whilst at the hospital but not whilst outside the hospital.
Get in touch:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +233 302 550 843-5 Extn 16009
- Opening Hours: Monday to Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Librarian: Ms. Kafui Afi Adzakpa
You can always count on our support as we look forward to your visit. Remember, "When in doubt, go to the library." J.K. Rowling.
Library Resources Back to top
University of Ghana Library Resources
Free / Open Accesss Medical E-Book
Useful Health Links
- American Cancer Society
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Everyday Health
- Global ETD Search
- Medical News Today
- Merck Manuals
- National Institutes of Health
- Office on Women’s Health
- Oxford Medical Education
Free and Open Access Databases / Medical Journals
- Pediatric Neurology Briefs
- Public Library of Science (PLoS)
- PubMed (Central)
- Stem Cell Research and Therapy
- Dictionary of Common Medical Terms
- Talking Glossary of Genetic TermsNCI Dictionary
of Cancer Terms
- NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms
Reference Resources / Dictionaries
Article Request Form Back to topThis form enables the E-Librarian to assist patrons in searching for articles. This service is only available to UGMC staff and medical students. Kindly fill out this form and I will get back to you as soon as possible.