A Nursing Skills and Applications Training for Clinical Practice
Society for Nurses in Endoscopy and Minimally Invasive Surgery (SNEMS) – Ghana in collaboration with the Endoscopy Unit, and the Medical Training and Simulation Centre (MTSC) of the University of Ghana Medical Centre LTD (UGMC) present "A FOUNDATION COURSE IN GASTROINTESTINAL ENDOSCOPY (A Nursing Skills and Applications Training for Clinical Practice)"
The course will feature LECTURES, PRESENTATIONS, DEMONSTRATIONS, and INTERACTIVE CASE PRESENTATIONS, and LIVE CASES, to provide participants with up-to-date endoscopy nursing knowledge and skills.
Endoscopy Nursing Skills and Applications Training for Clinical Practice is designed to:
• To upskill endoscopy staff who aspire to gain up-to-date endoscopy nursing knowledge and skills and to improve quality and safe endoscopy services in their facilities.
• Fully equip Nurses with the requisite knowledge and skills necessary for the setting up, effective running, and management of endoscopy units and most importantly for the provision of safe endoscopy services.
• To equip Nurses to independently and effectively work in endoscopy units, assisting in general endoscopic procedures, ensuring client, staff, and equipment safety at all times.
Dates and Modules
Modules 1 & 2 (July 12th – 19th, 2021)
– Foundation Course
– Safe Endoscopy (Client, Equipment, and Staff Safety)
Modules 3 & 4 (19th – 21st June 2019)
– Running the Services I
– Running the Services II
Time: 8 am to 5 pm daily.
University of Ghana Medical Centre (UGMC) Legon-Accra, Ghana
This foundation course is designed for:
• Hospitals/facilities already running endoscopy services and want to provide improved more productive and efficient endoscopy services.
• Hospitals/clinics planning to start endoscopy services.
• Private endoscopy centres, Peri-Operative Nurses,
General Nurses and Technicians committed to advancing safe endoscopy.
Participation is by health institution/facility, however, interested individuals too may attend. Health institutions/facilities are to designate and sponsor three (3) nurses earmarked to work in endoscopy.
Hospitals/Health Institutions/Groups – GH¢6,000.00. (3 nurses only) Plus GH¢1,500 for any additional nurse.
Individuals – GH¢2,500 per participant
Friday 16th July 2021
Mr. Joel M. Kpodo
Skills and Applications Trainer, Endoscopy/MIS
Founder and Chairman, SNEMIS-Ghana
Endoscopy Manager, UGMC
Prof. Aaron Lawson
Director of Medical Training and Simulation Centre (MTSC)
Dr. Amoako Duah
HOD – Internal Medicine, UGMC
Mr. Pascal Hodogbe
Medical Lab. Scientist
Head of Lab, UGMC
Engr Philip Brown-Odoi
Clinical Engineering Manager (Endoscopy/MIS), UGMC