Occupational therapy is a client centred healthcare profession that enables individuals with physical or mental illness to be functionally independent.
Occupational therapy is a client centred healthcare profession that enables individuals with physical or mental illness to be functionally independent. The patient profile ranges from neonates (babies) to old age (geriatrics) to enable them to achieve independence in functional tasks and participation in meaningful activities. Occupational therapists focus on improving strength and function. The focus of improving function includes maximizing independence.
Provide World-class occupational therapy service and lead research in Rehabilitation.
Occupational Therapy aims to maximize health, improve the functional ability of individuals and enhance the quality of life in all individuals holistically.
LIST OF UNITS WITHIN THE DEPARTMENT:
LIST OF SERVICES AVAILABLE AT THE DEPARTMENT:
· Hand therapy
· Neurological Rehabilitation
· Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
· Pediatric Rehabilitation and Habilitation
· Autism and sensory integration
· Learning Disabilities
· Pre- and Post-Surgery Rehabilitation
· Pain management (chronic and acute)
· In-patient Acute Care Therapy
· Work Hardening (Return to work after injury or illness)
· In-patient therapy
· Home Visits and adaptation
· Mental Health
· School Visits and assessment for children with learning communication and physical disability
· Assistive devices and prescription
· Palliative care
HEAD/AG HEAD: Mirabel Daisy Gyasi (OTR/L)
APPOINTMENT PROCEDURE: Appointments should be booked online at ugmedicalcentre.org or by calling 0302550843-5
WORKING HOURS: Mondays to Fridays
8:00 am to
OFFICIAL EMAIL: email@example.com
TELEPHONE EXTENSION: 13006