The University of Ghana Medical Centre LTD (UGMC) is an ultra-modern 1000 bed Medical Centre located on the University of Ghana campus. The Centre operates three (3) major service areas: Quaternary Level Healthcare provision, Medical Training and Scientific/Medical Research. The Centre is focused on delivering excellent and unparalleled client experience through highly motivated staff and the application of advanced technology.
The CEO shall be:
- Accountable to the Board of Directors of the UGMC.
- Expected to provide leadership and translate the vision of the owners of the facility into strategic and operational plans for implementation by Management and staff of the Centre.
- Required to direct all his/her efforts towards positioning the UGMC to become the first among equals in the West African sub-region for multispecialty healthcare provision, medical and scientific research, and medical training.
- Required to support all staff towards the delivery of operational excellence.
- Expected to ensure that standards of services and the facilities are maintained to the highest levels.
- Responsible for the overall performance and operational management of the Centre whilst ensuring a robust performance framework to enhance effective and efficient administration.
- Required to ensure financial sustainability of the Centre.
REQUIREMENTS (THE PERSON)
- A senior healthcare professional with a total of not less than fifteen (15) years of relevant post qualification and work experience, 5 years of which must be in a Senior Management position in a reputable institution.
- A master’s degree in Healthcare Administration /Management OR (its equivalent) will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a similar facility.
- Must have a track record in effective operational and financial management, business development, and strategic skills. ü Familiar with medical training, and scientific research (added advantage).
- Excellent communication skills. ü Extensive team-building skills.
- Tenure for the office of the successful candidate shall be four (4) years in the first instance, renewable for a second term only.
- The successful candidate MUST be able to serve a full 4-year term before age 65.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit a soft copy (PDF only) of a signed application letter and attach their Curriculum Vitae, Vision statement (of not more than 2500 words with a font size of 12) and relevant certificates to both:
Applications are to be addressed to:
UGMC CEO Search Committee
Applications (only soft copies) should reach us by SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2022. For further information
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- By submitting an application, you have consented to background checks by the Search Committee.