Dentistry is the branch of medicine involved in the study, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases, disorders and conditions of the oral cavity, the maxillofacial area and the adjacent/associated structures and their impact on the human body.
UGMC’s Dental Clinic provides a superlative world-class oral health care service in a state-of-the-art multidisciplinary clinic.
We offer dedicated, advanced specialist and personal dental care to both adults and children of the highest standard.
Our treatment protocols employ modern materials and techniques and we promote happy visits, every time.
To be distinguished for world-class oral health care through exceptional clinical care, innovation, training and research.
To provide compassionate, caring and empowering patient centred, high quality professional oral health care in a friendly environment.
Defining excellence in oral health.
The dental clinic has developed models of care that:
(a) are respectful, and responsive to the preferences, needs and values of our clients by placing the client/patient at the centre of all that we do.
(b) Support the right interventions by the right staff, at the right time and at the right place.
(c) Build and sustain a positive culture and enhance our capability to support strategic partnerships.
(d) Embrace technology.
(e) Use evidence-based methods to determine appropriate interventions.
(f) Uphold the principles of ‘self-preservation’ and preventive care.
Our comprehensive range of services includes:
(1) PREVENTIVE CARE: Oral examination, Scaling & Polishing, Fluoride application, Fissure sealant etc.
(2) DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES: Examinations, Imaging (Digital Periapical x-ray & OPG), Oral cancer prevention and detection, diagnosis and management of medical conditions that affect the mouth, etc.
(3) GENERAL DENTISTRY: Preventive care, Restorations (Composite, Glass Ionomer, Amalgam and temporary fillings), Cosmetic dentistry, Teeth whitening, etc.
(4) ENDODONTICS: Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
(5) ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY: Forceps and Surgical extractions, Facial fracture management, Excision of intraoral lesions, TMJ Disorders management, Dental implant, Repairs of Cleft lip and palate etc.
(6) ORTHODONTICS: Braces (Ceramic and Stainless Steel), Clear aligners etc.
(7) PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY: Fissure sealant, Fluoride Therapy, Restorative dentistry, etc.
(8) PERIODONTICS: Surgical and non-surgical treatment of gum and bone diseases, Scaling and Root planning, Tissue graft, Dental implant, etc.
(9) PROSTHODONTICS: Acrylic Dentures, Valplast, Crowns and Bridges, Cosmetic dentistry.
(10) URGENT CARE: Severe dental pain, Infection around the wisdom tooth, facial swelling due to dental infection or trauma, Tooth fracture resulting in pain or causing uncontrolled bleeding, Orthodontic wire piercing or causing damage inside the mouth and lose bracket, TMJ Dislocation, etc.
HOURS OF OPERATION: 0800-1600
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT: Dr Eric Hans Wilson (BSc. (Med. Sc.), BDS)