Department of Dietetics & Food Therapeutics
We research & provide advanced quaternary dietetic services to UGMC patients and we facilitate the training of clinical dietetic practice of students and other professionals.
Deputy Chief Dietician: Mr. Charles Jaween
To become a world-class, centre of excellence for professional dietetics and food therapeutics, inculcating cutting-edge research and training.
1. To provide advanced quaternary dietetic services to UGMC patients.
2. To facilitate the training of clinical dietetic practice of students and other professionals globally.
3. To conduct relevant research into diet-related problems globally.
The three main principles underpinning our services are as follows:
- To deliver specialist and skilled nutritional care.
- To involve patients and their chaperones in all aspects of decision making whenever possible.
- To be compliant with national and international policies that affect nutritional screening and care for all patients of UGMC.
Visit us at the DFT Department at the University of Ghana Medical Centre
Phone: 233-(302)-550843, 233-(302)-550844, 233-(302)-550845
Remember, you are what you eat. Get the facts, stay Healthy!!!